View Single Post
Old 2010-11-11, 09:25 AM
oxymoron

Re: Standalone FLAC player to connect to HiFi

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltman View Post
The TV is the monitor for your htpc. You just switch to that HDMI input like you would for a TV, VCR, etc. The REVO I have makes zero fan noise. I control the REVO with my phone but also have a wireless mouse/keyboard I used to use. Browsing music, playing, stopping, expanding windows, etc. is much more easy on a touch screen. The REVO mounts on the back of the TV via VESA mount if you desire it is so small. You never see it or here it. You also get the added benefit of internet (and all your other programs) on your HDTV in the living room which looks awesome. A touch screen TV would be the shiznit but probably pretty expensive at 55" size.

Acer Revo 3610 is a very interesting part.
The price is also ok so far (amazon/germany ~ 320 €).
With the Blue ray it is also clear?
Even with video's in full HD resolution (mkv ...)?
Windows 7 is well done technically sound better than the older versions, but it is works with ASIO drivers?
However, I am still not quite clear whether he makes full resolution over HDMI Sound (24-bit/192kHz max) and I need another sorround enabled preamp with HDMI input ...

The usual players such as WD's are not bad.
To criticize the menu of these devices and what this is, after changing from dvd to flac itīs need a step into the sound setup.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes