View Single Post
Old 2006-07-25, 02:00 PM

HELP: My DL/UL speed diminished!

hello,
i have had a problem with my connection speeds for the past three weeks.
i am not new to bit torrent and have downloaded over 300 gigs via bit torrent. for some reason about 3 weeks ago my speeds went from full throttle to nothing.

here are the specs of my set-up:
powerbook g4 mac osx 10.4.7
mainline Bittorrent 4.4.1
linksys router WRT54G
my isp is a wireless service that runs dl: 3Mbps, ul: 384 kbps

i have opened up the ports on both my computer and the router. i primarily use 3 bittorrent hosting sites and none of them say that i am firewalled.

Three weeks ago before this problem occured i was uploading at a rate of about 194 kbps. i turned off bittorrent for a while and when i turned it back on i was uploading at about 1kbps and still am not getting too much better than that. my download speeds were peaking out at about 250 kbps and are now no more than 8kbps.

i know it's not my isp because when i connect to other servers such as sendspace or soulseek i am getting top speed downloads. so this appears to be a bittorrent problem exclusively. i have let torrents run for upwards of 30 hours at a time because i realize you may have to wait in line to get the top download speed but they haven't been coming.

i have tried downloading azuerus to see if maybe it was just a problem with the mainline but the speeds are just as bad.

if anyone has any insight into this matter it would be greatly appreciated for i love bittorrent and find it extremely useful and i have even made donations to bittorrent to support their work.

PLEASE HELP!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes