View Single Post
Old 2008-12-02, 02:39 AM
Recording/Mastering Engineer

Thumbs up Re: converting/splitting cues in Foobar2000

Foobar is great for splitting large files with cue sheets automatically to exactly match an original CD. The cue sheet has all the start / stop points saved from the original disc, including any gaps or pauses programmed into the disc. The whole disc image is saved as 1 long file.

I usually see cue files with flac files or even wav files. Haven't seen an ape file done this way, but it should work.

Yeah I'd say the ape support for Foobar isn't installed right. I don't have many, but I know my Foobar will play them, and I've split with cues before with other file types.

I wonder if the cue file is written for the ape file, or for the wav file of the unconverted ape?

Put in the Monkey audio just to be sure, and re-check how and where to "install" the dll to Foobar to support ape. When I was first configuring Foobar, I remember putting dll files copy and paste into some directory folder of Foobar, and if i put them in the wrong place they don't work. I think even putting them in the right place and also having copies in the wrong places will make it not work. Be careful - just one and make it right.
Good luck! keep us posted!