View Single Post
Old 2005-01-29, 10:30 PM
TTD Staff

Re: Seeding/Lineage Questions?

The Styx show you say has no lineage, but, I want you to know that *every* show has lineage. It may not be what we are looking for, but they all have it.

Styx:
sbd > ?? > flac (via STG)

It went from soundboard to flac somehow, and so you note it. We would like more info on this site, however, so that really isn't what we want.

But That Is OK!!! Really. We know we are tight here with our Seeding Guidelines. We aren't trying to be some big download site, but rather a site that supplies lineage, and not just any lineage, but we are looking for really great lineage.

Van Halen:
I think that is OK. I'm not familiar with adobe audition, so I'll let a PC Mod answer that.

Rush:
Silver CD > CDR
Normally not OK. This is very iffy. It's a matter of whether the show is already circulating from the Silver CD generation. We do, however, realize that older shows sometimes aren't circulating from the Silvers. We want you to do some homework and see if there is a better generation of the show already in circulation.

Aud 1st Gen > cdx > shn:
Again, this depends..... if it is a CDR(x), we want to know that there isn't a better, known generation show already circulating. This also depends on the year of the show, so i can't give a real definite answer on this one.

I hope this helps.

Feel free to ask more questions because I may have missed some.

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes