View Single Post
Old 2015-05-26, 02:03 AM

Re: Seeding/Lineage Questions?

Many thanks for this thread. My question: I have a direct rip (done with EAC) of a silver-disc bootleg. The artwork of the silver disc says it is straight from the master tape. This kind of claim on the artwork of a silver-CD bootleg may of course simply be wrong; on the other hand, in this case may well be true since the great sound of the recording indicates no generational quality loss. Moreover, even if the claim is true and thus the source of the silver was the master tape, we do not know what kind of mastering/compression/whatever procedures they applied to it.
Now, putting up that show, which lineage shall I give? I can think of at least three different options:
AUD > ? > Silver CD > EAC > WAV > FLAC
AUD > master tape > Silver CD > EAC > WAV > FLAC
AUD > master tape> unknown edits/mastering etc.? > Silver CD > EAC > WAV > FLAC
Which would be best, or maybe there's another, better option? Please let me know what you think.
(I already uploaded two such shows and chose the first option above, but I think that the master-tape claim on the artwork, especially if the name of the taper is mentioned there too, might be valuable information for downloaders and thus be mentioned in the lineage.)
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes