View Single Post
Old 2006-07-04, 10:50 AM
TTD Staff

Re: Another Noob who needs serious HELP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Griffin
So everything seems ok for the moment, except that now I am getting the firewalled message, and my port number is red on the peers list. It never was before........ It's the same port that I've been using all along. The NAT test on Azureus says it's ok, and I've got the Green faces. So I am a little confused about why I'm firewalled all of a sudden(or am I really, if Az says it's ok?).

Anyways, I'll continue uploading for today, but now I have no room left on my hardrive, so I guess I'll have to delete the shows I've downloaded to make room to download more.

Any other tips appreciated. Thanks again. Happy 4th!
I'm glad you got it all working. You aren't alone in having a slow upload. I think most people upload at a much lower rate than they can download.

As far as firewalling.... the tracker does a quick check to see if you are connectable when you first start your torrent. If you have a quick glitch with your connection, it may think you are unconnectable and mark you as such. This sometimes happens to me because my connection gets iffy at certain times of the day. If everything seems to be running fine, then I wouldn't worry about it.

Enjoy your 4th!

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes