View Single Post
Old 2006-06-22, 08:46 PM

Another Noob who needs serious HELP!

Hi,

I just joined here last weekend, and am new to the BT scene. I've spent this week dowloading & now trying to seed my 1st dvd show. Everything was going relatively smoothly until a couple of hrs ago.......and now all hell's broken loose(or so it seems).

I'm using the Azureus 2.4.0.2 on a Windows 2000 system. I have a D-Link router hooked up along with Norton AV(but these didn't give me problems in the beginning). The system automatically allocated port 56702, and everything was fine.

I was seeding the Metallica dvd, along with another show from a different site. Everything was fine until I got greedy and thought I could start downloading another small video(229GB). This 3rd show gave me the yellow face(which I'd never had before), so I panicked and thought I should stop it along with the 2 shows I was seeding.....

Then somehow in my noobiness, I thought I would just remove the 2 seeding shows from the list(I think I clicked Remove Both). Then of course I couldn't get them to start seeding again, after still continuing to fail to start DL the 3rd show.

Previous to all this everything was going great, but I did move the 100% DL shows into a new folder(bad idea right?). When I tried to start seeding my DL shows again, now I was getting the Firewall message for the 1st time on those shows. And then I was getting Error messages about not enough disc space. The port that was previously working for me was now closed(and after reading constanly about port forwarding etc... I still really don't understand how to do it).

When I first started, Azureus seemed to pick my port for me(56702), and I always had the green face, but now it seems I'm blocked from UL.

The only possible good news is that I made a burned copy of these shows already. Also, it looks like I still have all the dowloaded files on my hardrive. I just can't open them anymore.......

Ok, sorry for the rambling, but I'm freaking out. I'm leaving for vacation tomorrow and I'm would love to straighten this mess out. My previous state of bliss & happiness has been replaced by raging blood pressure.

If anyone understands what I'm saying I'd sure appreciate a few tips.

Thank you very much.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes