View Single Post
Old 2009-03-01, 05:31 PM
THE PROSTITUTE
TTD VIP

Icon4 Looking for some help clearing up some audio..

Hey all,

Last night I recorded a fundraiser for the local school here where a bunch of solo artists, bands, groups, etc. came together and played some songs in a 'CoffeeHouse' style. Video came out perfect, shot with a tripod and everything. Only problem is that when I plugged my mic in, I forgot to check the mic battery -- which was of course dead.

I had found a Digital Voice Recorder (Olympus VN-960PC) and a mic in my house before hand, and figured I would give it a try and see if it would record some audio. Luckily, that recorded the audio. However it is somewhat muffled and distorted, and in a .wav file about 100MB. I'm just looking to get this cleaned up and get rid of the hiss and make it sound presentable. They asked me if I would make a DVD and such, which I'm planning to do but this audio is an embarrassment.

They had the soundguy recording it, supposedly, but I won't find out until I talk to the organzier again which could be a few days. Anyways, I'm looking to use what I have at my hands right now, and make it presentable.

If someone could help, that'd be greatly appreciated. Not very inclined in the audio department, I tried a few things using 'GoldWave' and it still sounds rather..not good to me.

Thanks for anyone who's willing to help!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes