View Single Post
Old 2005-02-18, 04:59 PM

Re: A question about speed correction of lossless files

Ha Ha , looks to me you don't need my help !
You know way more than I could tell you.
I knew about speed changing pitch way back when I'd have to adjust my turntable to play along with a record , since I was tuned correctly but the record was usually too fast , and I see how it applies to tape , but all that other stuff....
I can understand your meaning but I don't really 'know' all that. I know Clapton did some of that on the Let It Rain solo in the studio , which was a big disappointment to me , to read him say they sped it up and synced it with the backing track before they layered it in to the final mix , but as far as foobar shortening a wav and then being able to sync that with a vid , I really don't know , would their read-outs even be the same even though digital is supposed to be mathematically perfect ? Are most softwares on the same page with that ?
You'd know better than I would ,
but thanks for the fascinating conversation , anyway , and wish I was up to speed enough to help with something like that.
I'll just sit back and listen for awhile ! Have a good one , Five

"We all got it coming, kid." ~ William Munny

suicide nazi gunslinger blazin' down the hall tonight ~ PJ Stevey

in your pomp and all your glory, you're a poorer man than me, as you lick the boots of death born out of fear ~ Ian Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by general eclectic View Post
Because we can't get by without [you].
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes