View Single Post
Old 2010-02-20, 09:52 PM

Re: question about silvercd

Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer View Post
If they are flac, you aren't exactly extracting them as much as you are just copying them. "Extracting" is usually used to refer to ripping audio files from CD (.wav files).

And while they would be lossless, if you were doing that, then they could not be seeded as there would be a CDR generation after the flac.
so would there any way I could seed a show without generation loss?

what I don't understand is this then.

DVDs:
someone tapes a show, then puts in on one Master DVD. He then makes copies of that so people can have it. I get a copy of that DVD and copy the files on my HD so I can seed it here. This is allowed

Audio:
someone tapes a show, then puts in on one Master CD. He then makes copies of that so people can have it. I get a copy of that CD and copy the files on my HD so I can seed it here. BUT THIS IS NOT ALLOWED?

how come DVDs are allowed then and audio is not? Obviously tapers are not going to give someone their Master DVDs because many people want it so they make copies of the dvds. The DVDs people seed here and copied from DVDr to PC and then seeded. So does that mean the DVD looses a generation?

Because the same way I have a Audio CD and copying to PC but it looses a generation, but the DVD doesn't?

Don't think im trying to aruge, just trying to understand how generation works. I would love to learn the difference. Thanks

So once again would there be any way I could seed it without generation loss? And how come DVDs don't lose a generation when copied to PC but CDs do?
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes