View Single Post
Old 2006-03-07, 10:31 AM

Does nero change data?

I remember reading that nero sometimes changes something before it burns. I think it was here in a thread but I cant remeber. I've always used nero and have never had a problem except for this issue.

With nero express when I burn a doulbe layer disc like any of the shows from here that are for dl discs they wont play in my dvd player. They play in My friends players but not my (panasonic DMR-ES30V). It also won't play dl discs burned with dvd shrink which uses nero to burn. At first I thought that it was just my player or bad media. One day I was burning something with slysoft's clone dvd2 and to my surprize it plays fine in my player. After running some trials, Every disc I burn with clone dvd2 works and some but very few burned with nero work. Some of the nero burns play the menu but then have a hard time with the main movie, and some seem to have a hard time playing certain tracks. Has anyone else seem any wierdness w/ nero?

On another note whats the best way to archive some of these vids to insure data integrity. I have always burned all my audio to disc as data but with video I am not sure what to do. Can you copy A dvd video that you have burned as a video and expect to get the md5 to verify, or do you have to archive as data. This gets time consuming when with these dl discs. As in the thread by thisistoto I am concerned about geting the exact data back for thrading purposes. The way I archive now is to burn as data with data verification in nero. Then if I want a copy of the show I rip the Archived data disk to my hd, Run the md5 on the riped data, then I burn the show and send it away. This shat takes forever especialy w/dl disks at 2.4x. Oh lastly do you guys/ gals prefer to trade dvd's as data or as a playable dvd.

Last edited by jayroch; 2006-03-07 at 11:01 AM.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes