View Single Post
Old 2010-12-09, 09:04 PM

Re: Question About Trading and Delayed or Lost Package

Personally i always redo and resend if the package does not arrive within 30 days - more than reasonable amount of time for delivery. I can remember one situation where the package finally arrived in the US from here in Canada almost 4 weeks after i sent it - problem was the bubble pack arrived empty!!
The package had a note from USPS saying it was damaged and to file a claim.
Well neither one of us wanted to file a claim on bootleg DVDs so i went ahead and redid the whole package (40 DVDs) and resent it as well. This time i double taped everything and sent it with a tracking number - The replacement arrived within 2 weeks so everyone was happy! I bet the prick at the postal sorting station that snagged the DVDs out of the original package was pretty happy to.
About a week later i received a check for $10 from the trader to cover my costs - that was greatly appreciated and not expected

Now i keep my trades under 20 DVDs for ones that i know well and 10 for any newer traders until we establish a mutual trust.

Man i can remember another package to Sweden that just disappeared off the face of the earth! - 4 weeks went by and nothing!
I redid that one and sent it priority - only 10 DVDs but you gotta wonder what happened to it - Sometimes the old package can arrive by the time the new one arrives but in this case nothing at all!
Hey shit happens sometimes in the Postal world - we all take a chance without getting a tracking number - I know everything costs double here in Canada to send priority or with a tracking number - that sucks!
At the end of the day, hundreds of trades arrived safely and only a few got lost so its a small percentage luckily
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes