View Single Post
Old 2008-07-29, 12:44 AM

Re: people who sell shows....

I understand the logic behind putting the "not for sale" logos on the menus. The way I see it is kinda like the MPAA's labeling the screener DVDS that they send to Video stores with the "do not copy, rent, sell this movie. If you have rented, bought this copy call...." figuring that if someone DOES get a boot that's been sold to them, then they'll be encouraged to turn in those sellers in the community, and maybe blacklist them from the community.

I just don't know if people really will go to that effort.

I mean, I'm not turning in the dude that I got these from. For two reasons, mostly. 1. That's just not me. I don't go ratting on people who are doing something just because I disagree with what they are doing. But as I said, that's just me. I don't blame those who DO turn in people who sell, but I won't do it. Whether that makes me an asshole or whatever.... *shrugs*

And 2. He's still got a lot that are not available anywhere else that I could pick up. Would be kinda dumb to cut off an asset, ya know? Besides, as has been mentioned in here and as I mentioned at the beginning, I view this as my chance to liberate these boots and spread them around to the community.

R&B/Hip Hop/Soul/Funk traders are sorely lacking in the community. I know anytime I've upped stuff, there's usually a good number of people who are excited to see my offerings, because they're not ones that are available all over.

I mean, you can spit and hit a DMB or Pearl Jam or Grateful Dead show.

You don't see much D'Angelo, Erykah Badu, Jill Scott, Kanye West, Mary J. Blige, etc.