View Single Post
Old 2007-05-26, 02:03 PM

Re: What are Site Admins allowed to do with donations?

I gotta say that I agree 100% that once you share it any control is history. That is just a holdover from the days when you felt a need to have something rare in order to persuade a fellow taper to give up the goods or to keep your stuff away from the boot labels and the rare instance to uphold a performers request.

As far as your site, it's yours and you can do as you please but I personally have given 2 to 3 times the amount you have received in your gear campaign to this site alone, and expect nothing more than a thank you email and continued access to one of the best things life offers me free live music.

I have also given away old gear to fellow live music enthusiasts in the hopes of getting more shows out there. I would rather see a request for unused gear than a request for money to buy new stuff, and I realize you could be buying used stuff. I collect gadgets and lots of them collect dust after a while.

It is the internet so we try not to take what members with "troll" names say too seriously just as we won't assign a predilection for universal enlightenment to some others

Quote:
Originally posted by frankenberry
anybody else who decides to call me a fuckhead troll newbie (you know who you are) should be made to listen to phish bootleg taped by a '73 led zeppelin taper