View Single Post
Old 2007-05-26, 12:03 PM

Re: What are Site Admins allowed to do with donations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf-pgh
its all good in my book - this is just discussion - and perhaps it will smooth over a few things.

are you worse than anyone else? I doubt you are worse than me - I used to be a pirate. Yar!

What is my major hang up? I need to up my post count!

im making light of this... because I agree this should not be a site-on-site bashup.

but somehow Zomb has raised some questions...

1. why is his recording at your site - with a free ratio ..when you sell ratio credits?

2. selling ratio credits = selling boots (imo)

From my perspective this site, and some others, have allowed some trolls (some with obvious troll handles btw) to spread misconceptions and lies about our website and some people here took a big bite of the shit sandwhich.

This was tangled with the release, which is a totally different topic and I thought the topic was split due to this? Really though, if anyone feels people are wrong for sharing music they have downloaded, with anyone, anywhere, than like I have been saying over and over, rethink it, if you still feel the same, wait a few months, a few years, and than think over the situation again once you finally have some actual perspective and you'll see how foolish it was for a taper to even believe they could control where something went, and that they were the people setting up this entire dramatic scene.

We had nothing to do with creating these problems. Music will filter its way to ever dark corner of the net. There are countless sites hosting mp3s of his show, hubs, etc. And for anyone to use a personal vendetta against ONE person and say that 60,000+ members cannot upload the data the website is the lame thing going on here. Its not our job to police text files for peoples insane wishes for their release.

We delete mp3s, transcodes, shows that have obvious lossy sources. These are scene rules. There are no scene rules that say you need to bow down to the wishes of tapers. They could tell you not to listen to their shows at McDonalds, only TacoBell. Do you need to accomodate them? What they won't know won't hurt them? It shouldn't hurt them at all, because they shouldn't make comments like that, because they are unrealistic, and if they believe they can make comments like that and get upset when they are not followed to the T, its there problem and none of you should help them with their pity party!