View Single Post
Old 2007-05-26, 12:01 PM
Banned for excessive taping

Re: What are Site Admins allowed to do with donations?

First of all I'd like to state my opinion about donations. I think donations are good if they are used to cover server costs and the whole thing is transparent to users. The way this site handles this (listing server costs, etc.) makes it very credible. That's one of the reasons why I chose to seed my recordings here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhisattva
If OUR website (zomb) wants to ask OUR members to send in a few extra dollars so OUR website can buy some gear that people who have already purchased tickets to concerts can use to go out to tape shows to release to the public, than where is the problem with this?
Of course you can do whatever you want on your site and with your site. I have a big problem with the way that site is run and the way you're asking for donations all over the place. That is why I did not want my recording on your site. I do not want to help you with your questionable ethics. That's all.

Also, I find it rather funny that soon after my initial seed here you posted the following:

However, the recording ended up on your site (obviously against your wishes) and then you go ahead and post some childish comment to basically tell all tapers to fuck off. Who's generating the negative energy here?

I have been discussing the issue with some other tapers since. Many of them are planning on taping the Smashing Pumpkins on the current tour with top equipment. We have come to the conclusion that it would be best to run our own private tracker for tapers only. In the end, fucking with the supply of recordings will be the only thing you guys seem to understand.

btw: Thanks for putting the recording on your private HTTP server for everyone to download (without questionable donation requests and idiot mods). I think that's a very good idea for people who don't know how to use Torrents. I don't have a problem with that. In fact, I appreciate it.