View Single Post
Old 2007-05-26, 11:26 AM

Re: What are Site Admins allowed to do with donations?

While reading this thread I was struck by a few things, ideas not cars or bricks or frying pans.

I think AAR.oner's comment of the change in the community and trustthex's point of instant gratification are spot on. As a taper and videographer of live music I rarely rush to get a show out to the web. I almost feel as though the tour deserves to have the spotlight and when the performer is out of the limelight that is when it makes sense to renew our passion for their product in recorded form. That is not to say that I have not taken full advantage of those such as RobC who routinely get them out within days if not hours of returning home. Frankly sometimes I'm just too busy going to the shows to worry too much about putting up a torrent.

The idea of elite status for donations makes me think about my own practice of purchasing VIP festival tickets. Personally I'm not looking for anything beyond a clean latrine for my extra dough. I have always over prepared for any event and ended up providing others with my own VIP amenities. So the perks are not a real big deal to me. In fact I revel in being among the hoi polloi and the craziness that ensues at big shows. I like to support the places I go to see live music so if I can afford VIP and help out a little more I do so. Since I pay little or no attention to ratios I personally would never buy ratio credit.

Quote:
Originally posted by frankenberry
anybody else who decides to call me a fuckhead troll newbie (you know who you are) should be made to listen to phish bootleg taped by a '73 led zeppelin taper