View Single Post
Old 2010-03-08, 04:31 PM

Re: PLEASE HELP!!! oop VHS tapes > iMAC transfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
Not really. Pawns shops only buy things they can resell, and demand for VCRs is near zero. That a pawn shop is "full of VCRs" is more of a myth than anything else. Don't believe me? Go to a pawn shop. At any rate, it's also highly unlikely you'd find a high-end VCR in a pawn shop.
First off, thanks so much for taking the time to reply with the informative info. I do appreciate it.

But I need to disagree on the pawn shop point though we are probably not in the same neck of the woods so their stock may differ for that reason (I'm in Edmonton, AB). Unless they've cleaned them out in the last few months or so (and I guess that's possible) the pawn shops here have stacks and stacks of vcr's. I wasn't basing that statement on a "myth" but simply my own observations, though you are no doubt right about the slim likelihood of finding a high-end one, which is why I initially said "get lucky". And while you are obviously talented in the area of video knowledge, etc.. do not under-estimate my skillz at street-level bargain hunting. Mad skillz yo

And yeah, since posting that a day or two ago I've since educated myself somewhat on tbc's, codes, regions and the various things needed in a vcr and/or tv to playback/watch a PAL DVD/video (talking about watching/dealing with PAL videos now as opposed to getting around the copy-protection thing). This whole regionalizing of video's and the related equipment is a real fuckaroo and I pray the industry makes no profit whatsoever from it

Thanks again for the replies
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes