View Single Post
Old 2016-02-29, 02:09 PM
Recording/Mastering Engineer

Re: Computer Crash messed things up. Please help...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronicKush67 View Post
"Seeding, or uploading, to more than 20 different torrents at a time does not really help out the downloaders. If you are seeding/uploading to 20 different torrents, this means that you are only giving 1/20th of your upload speed to any one torrent. It is much better to concentrate your upload rate to a couple of torrents at a time in order to allow the downloaders to get a decent download rate from you.

If you seed over twenty shows at a time, your ratio may be incorrectly reported since the tracker will only pay attention to the first twenty torrents you are seeding. You can see that list in your profile view under Current Activity on Tracker."

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...nnection_limit
If you're seeding 20 torrents, and only one of them has a leech, it's not like only 1/20 of your bandwidth is going to get used! If you're lucky enough to get 20 torrents all with leechers on at the same time, then, yeah, bandwidth gets divided up. But that's off topic for this post...

I was thinking this morning, of my decent ratio, and how I got it. Yes, I've uploaded my own recordings here, but, also, I kind of haven't barely turned off my computer here for something like 5 or 6 years now! Seed. Always seed. Pick 20 "pet" torrents that mean something to you that you really like, and, just seed those. Forever. Eventually, someone will come along on this 6 year old torrent and marvel that someone is STILL on it. That person will be YOU, and you'll get ALL the upload credit for it, rather than torrents with many seeders where you might get to upload 5% of the show before everyone else seeds it too and the leecher is complete. That's my ratio boost tip of the day...

It can take an hour or so for stats to update. Glad it sorted itself out eventually...