View Single Post
Old 2012-02-01, 07:17 PM

Re: Firewalled and Stymied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostwheel View Post
https://secure.portforward.com/store/pfconfig.cgi

personally, i'm not willing to pay the money. people still seem to able to download from me as i've uploaded several things since this happened. it takes a little time to start on occasion but, once someone gets through to me, my upload speed is the same as always. and, i have no problem downloading.
I am quite familiar with that advertisement, and although in the past I've dismissed such services out of hand, I am so bewildered by my current inability to shed my firewall issue(s) that I would purchase it without hesitation if I really thought it could get me back in business.

The problem with that pfconfig s/w is that they are only promising to ensure the forwarding of ports, whereas I am increasingly convinced that my ports are indeed forwarding, but that a firewall is causing the "blockage." In other words, I can easily see them saying, "well, your port forwarding is now properly configured in both your router and your BT client, but there is a firewall configuration issue that we can not support."

I apologize for having to ask for help. I probably sound like a whiner. I just don't know what else to do. I've been able to forward my ports for about 7 yrs. and suddenly I'm like a noob.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes