View Single Post
Old 2008-02-16, 04:23 PM
TTD Staff

Re: Newbie trying to reseed shows

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEPSIMAN View Post
Upon completion of downloading files utorrent begins to seed automatically. In order to improve my ratio I want to reseed some videos but after a while I receive an error message saying unable to open torrent file and the reseeding stops. I am very new to this technology and any help would be greatly appreciated. I am loving the shows i have acquired and would love to help others enjoy them too. I fear that my contribution to the trader's den may have to become strictly financial through donations. I do not want to be seen as only a taker. I love live music too much to not be able to share it. Please help.
I wish I was more familiar with uTorrent (I'm a Mac user and we don't have uTorrent), but could it be that the torrents you get the error on are old torrents that have since been removed from the tracker? Normally, you download the torrent file and start the download and then after the download is completed, the torrent gets moved to a different 'screen' in your bittorrent client and hopefully it continues seeding. However, sometimes you need to select the torrent and then hit Start (green arrow) to force it to start seeding. Don't forget that you can only seed though if there are leechers. If there are no leechers on the show, it won't matter that you are seeding because there is nobody to transfer the data too.

You aren't firewalled, so that is great, because now you may connect to any user on a torrent, not just the un-firewalled users.

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes