View Single Post
Old 2008-09-22, 05:46 PM
TTD Staff

Re: Remaster Category and No More Names!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaosu View Post
Fine.
This is just the first time for me when someone is against spreading knowledge when it comes to recordings. So far I have met only people who wanted to share, share, share...
its not about being "against spreading knowledge" or "not wanting to share" -- its about the fact that there's no tutorial that can be written, no freeware app to download

to properly re/master a recording takes years of study & practice...let me reiterate to drive the point home -- years of study & practice...not to mention the gear, which 99.999% of the engineer-wannabes will never have access to, and will never have the $ to attain...for instance, a very low-end home recording studio, i mean bare bones budgetline set up, will start in the tens of thousands US$, minimum...

the handful of cats remastering "classic" shows should be left to 00 they have the knowledge and the studios...as for the home novice with a PC, CoolEditPro, and a pair of $50 headphones -- play around & EQ the shows all you want -- have fun with it!

just keep em for yer personal use and don't trade/seed them