View Single Post
Old 2006-08-29, 01:27 PM

Re: More about offsets?

here's how you test your configuration:
  • set your offsets
  • make sure you're in secure mode.
  • extract a cd (preferably a short one that you're sure is scratch-free)
  • save the .log file when you're done and check it for any reports of errors.
  • when you achieve a perfect extraction:
  • generate .st5 (or even md5 if you want) from the resulting wav files and save it.
  • burn a cdr from those wav files using EAC. (use the WRI button and drag the files in order one at a time into the window, then burn. check carefully that the order and # of files is all correct).
  • take that cdr and put it in the drive that you use for extraction (might be the same drive depending on your setup). If all is well at this point, EAC will mistake the copy for the original and fill in the CRC values for all tracks in its display (!).
  • extract from this copy and save to a different folder.
  • generate st5 from these files and compare with the st5 from the other set of wav files that came from the original cd. if they match, congrats, your system is perfectly configured and you are capable of making an exact copy of an audio cd/cdr. anybody who burns an audio cdr with correct write offsets after downloading from bt will get a perfect copy of your original.
  • test it with several cds until you're satisfied.

I've heard that it is not possible to get it perfect on all systems, but I got it perfect on mine so I hope this helps you out.

instructions for setting offsets and generating checksums are in my signature\/ \/ \/

thetradersden.org | ttd recommended free software/freeware webring
shntool tlh eac foobar2000 spek audacity cdwave vlc

Quote:
Originally posted by oxymoron
Here you are in a place of permanent madness, be careful!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes