View Single Post
Old 2005-08-29, 09:59 AM
lsmf

Re: Firewall Frustration

Quote:
Originally Posted by burglecutt
Right now Im using 67.174.110.xxx for the IP address in my BitTornado "advanced Prefs", however when I check the statistics for the torrent im identified as 192.168.15.xxx (red6881). On top of that my username isnt attached to my stats while everyone esle has, whats up with that. I dont know maybe that is another clue as to what im doing wrong. I would appreciate anyones insight.
I would leave the ip address blank in the "advanced prefs" (bittornado) as it should find it automatically. Iīve never needed to make options there.

Everytime I went into issues being firewalled, my router was the reason.

If I understand this right 192.168.15.xxx is your local IP address, means, if you connect another computer to your router it will get an local ip adress like 192.168.16.xxx.
So this makes it look strange to me that 192.168.15.xxx is showing up in the statistics of the torrent. Your external IP should show up (67.174.110.xxx).

Some suggestions:
I have a draytek router, so I donīt know if you have this options. Every time after changing the config of the router I restart it (Restart router with current config).
Also I close and reopen bittornado after changing the configuration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burglecutt
INmy router i go to setup and there is achoice to pick between "automatically find IP address" or setup "static IP". Now I presume that I need a static IP address, but fiddling around with this knocks out internet connection and phone service.
"automatically find IP address"

Linksys RT31P2
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes