View Single Post
Old 2011-08-27, 02:44 AM
TTD Staff

Re: Trader's Little Helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dactylus View Post
... I just started getting "range check errors" in Trader's Little Helper today when trying to encode a 24/48 wav file to FLAC. The wav file is 2.25 GB in size. Would the size of the wav file have anything to do with this error? ...
Encoding should work with file sizes up to 4 GB (I tested this long time ago when WinXP was the latest Microsoft OS).

Quote:
... Could the name of the file be the culprit? The file is named C4_2011-08-24_raw ...
Encoding should work with a file named C4_2011-08-24_raw (problems may occur if the file name is very long, ie more than 255 characters).

Quote:
... I was using an older version of TLH and then upgraded to the newest version today. I received the same error message using both versions. The wav encodes to 100% but does not complete, then the error message occurs over and over and over and over and over...
It would help to know whether encoding really is at 100% or not. Please encode that wav file again and "kill" TLH when the error message occurs. Then start TLH again and create shntool md5 fingerprints (st5) of the wav file and the encoded flac file. Are the fingerprints the same?

Robert
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes