View Single Post
Old 2009-04-19, 12:36 PM
Thread Killer

Re: The invisible seeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne View Post
Interesting.
However, I am fairly certain that those who connected to you will not get their stats updated.
Well, I guess I'm sorry for their ratio, but I can't help that.

I noticed, when I started seeding a few of my torrents using the new url (and announcing it in the thread), that it seemed a few people were moving along faster than I expected, and wondered if they were feeding each other that much or picking up some other seeders. I'm always a tad skeptical of the ul/dl speed stats posted in the thread, but you can usually guesstimate when a torrent might complete if you're really the only seeder. That got me to try the 'orphaned' torrent (Prince 1991 PAL), which had 300+ completed before the fubar. Glad I did.

I wonder if those folks have found the new site yet, or just left the seed running. Do you have some way of email notification to members? It's looking more like GoDaddy is in no hurry to correct this problem any time soon.

Luckily for me, my client of choice (Deluge, which is multi-platform btw) has an 'edit tracker' option that's sinfully easy to use - I didn't even need prompting to try it out. Ain't I swell ?
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes