View Single Post
Old 2007-05-09, 11:11 AM
Non Serviam

Re: Help!! Spiderbots crawling on my Threads!!!

saltman - If I say "George W. Bush sucks donkey balls" in public, I will never get a job in my chosen profession...
(too late).

Actually, my internet footprint extends back well before the WWW, back to the usenet. Anyone that wants to can get a full read on my political beliefs. These days, you cannot work for the government if you do not have complete loyalty to the current administration. Ask all of those DOJ U.S. attorneys that were fired for purely political reasons.

Ask the United States Secretary of Housing and Urban Development, the 'honorable' Alphonso Jackson, after he fired a government contractor for not being loyal to the Chimperor:
Quote:
"He had made every effort to get a contract with HUD for 10 years," Jackson said of the prospective contractor. "He made a heck of a proposal and was on the (General Services Administration) list, so we selected him. He came to see me and thank me for selecting him. Then he said something ... he said, 'I have a problem with your president.'
"I said, 'What do you mean?' He said, 'I don't like President Bush.' I thought to myself, 'Brother, you have a disconnect -- the president is elected, I was selected. You wouldn't be getting the contract unless I was sitting here. If you have a problem with the president, don't tell the secretary.'

"He didn't get the contract," Jackson continued. "Why should I reward someone who doesn't like the president, so they can use funds to try to campaign against the president? Logic says they don't get the contract. That's the way I believe."
Source: Dallas Business Journal

So the problem is that almost anything you say can get you excluded from the economy...no job...blacklisted. Like Hollywood in the McCarthy era, but for everyone.

You tell me what should be kept private? I have felt this injustice in my own life, and I do not wish it on anyone else.

Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil. --Jerry Garcia

Last edited by guygee; 2007-05-09 at 11:16 AM.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes