View Single Post
Old 2005-07-25, 05:09 AM
smile!

Re: Radio Two = mp2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five
Evenreven, this holds true at most other sites but at TTD lossy sources aren't tolerated no matter how they came to be with only two exceptions: 1) AC3 on a DVD. We prefer WAV audio of course but will accept AC3. If the AC3 is ripped from the DVD it is not allowed to be seeded separately in the audio section. 2) MiniDisc, only when it is the master recorded at the show either sbd/aud/mtx. MD is not allowed to be used to tape broadcasts and also isn't allowed midway thru the lineage.

So the main thrust of this thread is to ask the question is everything coming from the BBC lossy except WWO preFM discs and the like? From what I see here it looks like not only the satellite broadcasts but also the traditional "over the air" broadcasts are lossifiedized at the station and that's a real drag 'cause everyone loves the beeb's content.
I don't get it, Five... My point was: if you tape something from analogue FM radio and the signal at no point whatsoever was lossy (i.e. in the pre-programme chain at the Beeb), then what would the problem be? Other than that cassette is a rather lo-fi format, of course. How would it be digitally lossy?

And I know the AC3 and MD master thingies. But it can't be pointed out often enough, I guess.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes