View Single Post
Old 2008-02-14, 04:19 PM
TTD Staff

Re: How to verify a dvd is exact after it is burned

Quote:
Originally Posted by madpicken View Post
I used to use Nero to verify data being burned and found it to be highly unreliable. MD5 checksums are the best way to verify.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaosu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by js1516 View Post
I've been burning my DVD's withe EXTRAS_TS folder and I haven't had a problem with it.

Question: I burn Dvd's with IMGBurn and when its done burning it cycles the tray and then verifies the disc. Is this the same thing or something different, if this is different then what is it actually verifying?
Same question here, if I'm verifying data after burning and its 100% ok isn't it enough?
These are two different things. How they are different, I'm not sure exactly, but I have had DVD verify OK (in Toast in my case, since that is what I use to burn) and then had checksums/fingerprints fail on the disc. I don't know that I have ever had checksums/fingerprints all verify on the disc but the disc verification fail though. Of course, if a disc fails to verify, then I usually just throw it right out and don't both to try the checksums/fingerprints.

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes