View Single Post
Old 2005-06-05, 05:44 PM

Re: Devendra Banhart - Live @ KCRW; Lossy Source? (Freq. screencap inside)

AnalFreq crashed on me too, but at the very end of the test. I ran the whole track, then when the error box came up at the end I moved it aside and took a screenshot of the final results. I'm not sure why AnalFreq likes to crash sometimes, its an old prog that is now available as $hareware (now called SpectraScope) I imagine the newer version has this issue fixed. Hopefully you can get AnalFreq working on your comp somehow it's a great tool.

The Audacity FA is something like 21 seconds, that's all it can handle at once. Highlight a section, choose view>plot spectrum and it will take the 1st 21 or so seconds of whatever you selected and analyze it. In the past when I was having trouble getting a FA to display something useful Audacity has come thru for me not quite sure why that is. My knowledge tends to be pragmatic in nature, the math and esoteric stuff is sometimes beyond my depth of knowledge. But I have a pretty good idea of what works for my purposes and trust the ppl with university degrees to step in and explain exactly why lol.

thetradersden.org | ttd recommended free software/freeware webring
shntool tlh eac foobar2000 spek audacity cdwave vlc

Quote:
Originally posted by oxymoron
Here you are in a place of permanent madness, be careful!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes