View Single Post
Old 2008-08-15, 06:32 AM

ripping .wav from cds to use in sony vegas

hi, i apologise if this has been asked already but hopefully if so someone can help or point me to a thread.

i just did a multicam mix of a rush show with a seperate audio with sony vegas, my first time. all went fine until the authoring. one program (power producer) let me choose audio format but in the end the chapter marks somehow were way off and audio was acting weird when authoring.

then i tried TMPGE dvd author 3 which worked better but i got a popup saying dvd was not up to audio standard it had to be LCPM or whatever its called (i'm new to this and very tired right now) or dolby, and to select it...but when i tried to, i could not. that dvd plays fine in standalones i've tried but not pc's, and i'm thinking its because of the audio format?

now i'm starting work on an older rush that i want to use a seperate audio instead of whats on the dvd. what would you guys do at the early stage of the project with the audio to avoid this issue later on in the author stage? i can't seem to rip it with vegas in anything other than .wav.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes