View Single Post
Old 2006-05-20, 09:28 AM
TTD Staff

Re: DVD Architect ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeltzin_4
That's quite a generalisation don't you think? I thought the whole purpose of thetradersden.org was to ensure high quality releases? From my experience on this site it seems that most of you come from an audio background and you're willing to majorly sacrifice the quality of the video just so that you can get PCM streams on the disc.
I commend STLBlues for leaving the video as it is and just having the single PCM audio stream.
actually i've done quite a bit of work in film/post, and i still stand by what i said:
that 99% of people out there are not goin to be able to tell any difference between 8Mb & 5Mb...ESPECIALLY when it comes to live shows, which typically contain very little or no quick movements in the frame, are filmed on consumer gear, etc...

and with mulitple audio sources [*if* they are all good quality], i'd personally much rather have a SBD, an AUD, & a "Matrix" to choose from, as opposed to 1 or 2 more Mbps in the video compression...for me thats a higher quality DVD, but i guess quality can be subjective some times

oh and glad you got it figure out tho STLBlues

Last edited by AAR.oner; 2006-05-20 at 09:42 AM.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes