View Single Post
Old 2014-01-30, 10:58 PM
Sleeping Colorless Green Ideas
TTD VIP

Re: Bad Trader: ballsdeep

I am going to take the unprecedented step of posting my personal correspondence with Steve. I know it goes against internet etiquette. However, I feel I have been slandered to the point that this is the only real option I have. I have redacted a lot of information (last names, email addresses, home addresses, etc.). This isn't the entirely of our correspondence, as I didn't include emails that were not pertinent to the matter at hand (shows he was planning on seeing, filming techniques, long show lists, etc., etc,).

So it all started when I noticed this post that Steve made at Dime in a thread for a DVD that I had uploaded.

I sent him a PM and that got the ball rolling.

Looks promising doesn't it ... "You'll have footage in hand by this time next month."

Notice all the other shows that Steve starts talking about...

As you can see, I waited patiently ... for weeks and weeks. And even offer to send an SD card.

And here Steve starts telling me about all the stuff he has. So I make an offer to send him a drive to put it on to send to me for authoring.

And here Steve says "I could give it a shot...I've got a LOT of stuff." Sounds like he likes my idea of sending him a drive, doesn't it? But look what he wrote in his post above: "in this situation I was expected to fill up an UNsolicited 2TB harddrive (we were having vague discussions about doing something, then 4 days later this drive was at the doorstep) with ALL of my masters, going back to 2010."

Look at what is at the top of the first list that Steve sends me -- Black Crowes. Lots of Black Crowes. And by the way - I closed my Facebook account a couple of years ago. So that's a flat out lie that I contacted someone via Facebook. I contacted Jort via PM at Dime.

Very important point here - I clearly state that I'm moving back to the US in July. And I'll reach a point where I'll be out of the net and unable to work on shows. Steve says he'll shoot to mail the drive between 10-15 June.

Steve now has this "UNsolicitated" drive and is trying to figure out how to use it.

I continue to wait patiently ... and it looks like that 10-15 June date has slipped a little. But not by much.

Well ... maybe it is by much. I wait almost two months with zero communication from Steve, so finally I contact him.

Notice in his list of what he's "nailed down so far" Steve clearly lists Black Crowes shows.

It seems quite clear that Steve is sending me Black Crowes - so in the meantime, I've been tracking down soundboards for these shows.

So another month and half goes by ... with nary a peep out of Steve. But that's OK, as I told him, I was going to be living out a suitcase for quite a while. So no biggie.

Very key point here: "In roughly a month I'll clone the entire drive and wing it your way." So I shouldn't really expect anything until around November 7 or so ... right?

So here we start the discussion about the other drive Steve has. Steve goes weeks and months at times without saying a word ... I don't say anything for two days ... and now I'm "ignoring" him.

I haven't got a clue about this other drive ... so yeah ... I didn't respond to his email from October 11. But he's gonna be sending me the main drive sometime in early November anyway ... and I've already suggested he send this other drive with the drive I sent him. So what is there to talk about at this point?

Oh~!!! But maybe there was something to talk about and since I "ignored" Steve -- apparently that hurt his feelings.

I make a few attempts at trying to contact Steve ... but as we now know ... he was serving me my medicine for "ignoring" him.

You folks can read through this correspondence and decide for yourself who the bad guy is in all of this.