View Single Post
Old 2005-08-20, 08:32 AM
TTD Staff

Re: Capturing Video from VHS > DVD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylz
What about the actual DVDs... I've been told to encode the video to MPEG-2 and leave the audio as wav then combine the two when I author the DVD+R.
Correct.

Quote:
What would the source/transfers be for that?

SOURCE: AUD CameraMake/Model > VHS(M)
TRANSFER: VHS(M) > "DumpingMachine" Make/Model > firewire > Premiere Pro > wav and mpeg2 > adobe encore > dvd+r(m)

both the wav and mpeg2 were exported from premiere... is it okay to group them like I have.
you can...i don't see it as necessary though, becuse you'll need to list the DVD's Attributes anyway [video and audio bitrates], which'll contain the info...check around in the DVD Torrents for examples of "good lineage notation" [look for Outpostnorth or Team Hood seeds, they always have good detailed info/lineage]...

here's an example of a show i recently transferred/authored and am seeding:

DVD ATTRIBUTES:
VIDEO --> NTSC - 4:3 - 8Mbps CBR <============the mpeg2 specs
AUDIO --> LPCM [16bit/48kHz] - 1.536Mbps <==========there's yer wav info

SOURCE:
AUDIO --> AUD Studio Projects C4's [FOB ~30ft from stage] > Edirol UA5 [Oade DigiMod] > Sony PCM-M1 [16bit/48kHz]
By: AAR.oner & Untor

CAM 1 --> Canon XL1 [ SP / Frame mode ] -- Tripod
By: AAR.oner

CAM 2 --> Sony DCR-TRV350 -- Handheld
By: Allan Y. [cheers Allan!]

TRANSFER:
AUDIO --> Sony PCM-M1 [DAT Master] > Edirol UA5 [via USB] > Audacity > .wav
VIDEO --> Master [via Firewire] > Final Cut Pro 4 [capture/edit] > Compressor > DVD Studio Pro 3 [menu/build] > DVD Video_TS

Quote:
BTW. The vids are of local Brisbane and Perth (australian) metal and hardcore bands. I can offer them if there is any interest.
uh, hell yeah!!! what bands?