View Single Post
Old 2005-07-16, 09:35 AM
You are TOO

Re: Audio cd-rs with Data stored on them

Sorry it took so long to get back to you.

A few things to try:

1) Are you sure you set the master/slave jumper correctly? Don't use CS (cable select), force either master or slave, depending on where it's located on the IDE.
2) Your drive problems may be related to SP2. I hate to have you uninstall it to see because you may end up having to reinstall Windows. Try it as a last resort.
3) I read somewhere that Pioneer drives sometimes don't like to be on the same IDE cable as other optical drives. Try putting it on a cable of it's own. If you don't have the space, temporarily remove whatever is on the secondary IDE to see if the drive will read the disc.

Driver downloads from Pioneer

Try downloading the driver for 113. It's supposed to be for Win98, but I've seen drivers for Win98 work on XP before. You have nothing to lose.

I hesitate to advise installing any firmware for your drive because it is hard to find any firmware that is specifically made for your drive, that is, the 113"r". If the new firmware doesn't work, you may be screwed. Try updating firmware after you've tried uninstalling XP2 and before you're prepared to buy another DVD drive. DVD ROM drives are fairly inexpensive and it wouldn't hurt to consider buying a newer drive, if that's at all an option - as a very last resort, of course.

Sorry, but that's about all the help I can be. I wish I had something more definite for you.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes