View Single Post
Old 2017-09-06, 11:05 AM

Re: FLAC fingerprint md5 mismatch - looking for some help

OK, I'm going to put this to bed now. But just in case anyone is interested.....I got a PM from a member here who gave me the following info (I'm paraphrasing so as not to violate his confidence):

There's a free version of WavePad available (for non-commercial use only); I tested it.

1. The "Split" function works properly.

2. The file parts you get when splitting the original . wav file can be saved in FLAC format (this is what the seeder of your files did). Problem: These .flac files do not have a standard .flac file header as defined by the makers of the FLAC format. Among other things WavePad does not write the flac fingerprint to the file header. TLH assumes that the file header is in standard format and reads the part of the header that usually contains the checksum. That's why the "created" fingerprints are wrong.

Conclusion:
The .flac files WavePad create are ok (the encoding of the WAV data is correct, you can play the files, you can decode them), but the file headers are non-standard. So if you want to get correct checksums of the audio part of the .flac files using TLH you have to create the shntool md5 fingerprints (st5)."

All is well, just wanted to button this topic up. Thanks all!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes