View Single Post
Old 2005-08-09, 06:07 PM
TTD Staff

Re: Standards for Naming Torrent Folders

Quote:
Originally Posted by guygee
When I was involved in STG I agitated for the "Old Torrents" page (whatever we called it) to be turned into just such an archive site. The info files were there, the torrents were numbered, all we had to do was to take up a collection for md5's and ffp's and it could have been turned into a database for shows torrented on STG, a reference point for reseeds in the future. I was unable to generate much enthusiasm at the higher levels for this idea, and sadly it was not to be.

There is still a need for such a reference site, like a db.etree.org, but for the wider torrenting community. Then, a numbering scheme for identifying show versions would work out. Any plans on Trader's Den to go in this direction?
Damn, are you Stephen in disguise (RainDawg here, or sol4578 on STG)? He has a similar idea for here. We just need some programmers to work on it. I'm the only one currently programming here and I always seem to have my hands full with other projects and so he and I have never figured out exactly how we want that to work. I'd love your ideas on it. I can pass them on to Stephen and see what he thinks.

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes