View Single Post
Old 2008-08-03, 04:55 PM
TTD Staff

Re: Trader's Little Helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minburn View Post
Yes. Two workstations networked (hard wired through D-Link DIR 625 router) to each other. One machine has an archive of flac files. I routinely transfer these flac files through the network to the other workstation, use TLH on the receiving workstation to decode to wav, then work with the files. Problem is that using the same version of TLH (2.4.1.160) they check out fine if I decode on the original workstation, but come up with a multitude of errors (yes . . . quite a few) when decoding on the receiving workstation. Same options, same settings during decode.

The error is consistently 'file is truncated or otherwise corrupt'. This showing up after decoding on the receiving workstation. But a check decode on the originating workstation shows no error.

I'm stumped. In the interim, I've been decoding on the first workstation then sending the wav files for processing. But I can't think of any reason why the direct transfer of flac for decoding shouldn't work.
Well, you never know ... But it's easy to check whether the direct transfer introduces any errors. Create a _wholefile_ md5 checksum file of the file set on the source machine before transfer, transfer the flac files and the checksum file, and verify the checksum file on the target machine. If the checksum files do not verify there's a problems with the transfer.

Robert
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes