View Single Post
Old 2008-07-29, 08:40 AM
TTD Staff

Re: Trader's Little Helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minburn View Post
A general query re: problems with corrupt files copied over a network. I routinely transfer files across a network system in two of my workrooms. Never problems with data files, nor wav files as such. But I began using TLH a while back and I'm finding that I have a greater number of corrupt (or perhaps more accurately, possibly corrupt) files showing up during decode (flac to wav) at a central workstation after transferring over from a DAW workstation (code to flac at the DAW, do further work after decoding to wav at the other desk). The network is fairly simple, being directed through a wired/wireless router (use wireless for this task). I've checked out these files as wav after decoding through errors and really nothing stands out that would affect sound or performance using the file. It has spurred me on to get a better understanding of the entire tech side of the errors and such (I'm admitted very limited in that end of things), but in the interim I thought I would query as to potential issues and/or solutions for these types of problems. Perhaps there is simply something fundamental I'm missing in the processing?
Do I understand you correctly that TLH is *not* used on network paths (TLH on a machine to encode wav to flac (source/target folder on this machine), TLH on another machine to decode flac to wav (source/target folder on this machine))?

If so, I don't know why TLH should be the reason for your troubles. Which version(s) of TLH do you use? If it's not v2.4.1.160 please upgrade (http://tlh.easytree.org). Are the same versions used? If not please ensure that they are. And what is the exact wording of the error messages?

Robert
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes