View Single Post
Old 2015-11-17, 08:29 PM
Recording/Mastering Engineer

Re: Torrent won't move out of 'queued' status

Dude, just download what you want! Although there are ratios for stuff here, there's no official enforcement. You don't get kicked out for having a bad ratio. You *might* have to endure some ribbing from other people but there's no "real" consequences...

You should leave your torrent program running, with whatever you've downloaded left in the torrent program to seed. Like, for days and weeks, even. All the time, in the background. As long as you're keeping those files available, eventually, someone's gonna come along and want them, and your torrent program will be ready and waiting for those new downloaders to grab it from you. You don't need to know that they want to grab it - it'll just start uploading to them if you're seeding...

I've still got torrents seeding here that I grabbed 3 or 4 years ago! My uTorrent is ALWAYS running 24/7, and, sooner or later, another person will come along and want something. Do what I do - keep a few of your favorite torrents as pets in your torrent client! Over time, you'll get your ratio where you'll like it to be, and you won't get teased by others for having a cruddy ratio! Torrents are the patient music fan's game. A few hours won't clear your problem up. A few weeks, and you'll be golden... Just wait for it!

EDIT: Okay, I'll bite - I don't have this release of that show, so I'll download. Now, where are YOU to seed it to me??? See how this is supposed to work?

Last edited by Audioarchivist; 2015-11-17 at 08:36 PM.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes