View Single Post
Old 2008-05-12, 03:14 PM
TTD Staff

Lightbulb Re: Trader's Little Helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobs23 View Post
Hi Robert,
I've searched the thread but couldn't find anything regarding SBE checking/repair for 48/24 files. Using V2.2.2(build 152) I am I missing something? It will flac encode these files just fine.
TIA
Bob S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobs23 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wharfrat73 View Post
SBEs are only an issue on 16 bit, 44.1kHz files
Please excuse the ignorance, but I don't understand why it's not an issue in 48k
SBEs do matter only if you want to burn an Audio CD, and the standard for Audio CDs specifies the form of digital audio encoding as 2-channel signed 16-bit PCM sampled at 44100 Hz. Audio CDs hold data in blocks of a given length, so called sectors. If an audio track break is not on a sector boundary, the rest of the sector is filled with zeroes before the next track begins. This may cause an audible gap between the tracks.

Btw, please upgrade your version of TLH. In its Help menu there is a Check for update item that allows you to check and upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmm6797 View Post
Is there any way to have all of the custom settings saved?

IE: when I encode WAV files to FLAC I use the same settings every time, but the are lost as soon as I close TLH
Open Options > Preferences > Audio compression. The compression settings there are the settings TLH will start with as defaults. The default encoding format can be set in the Encode wav files section of the Preferences dialog.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes