View Single Post
Old 2006-05-02, 02:10 PM

Suddenly I am FIREWALLED: What gives? HELP!

I've done 500GB worth of business on this site, now I have run into a rather unusual problem. This is a long, somewhat rambling post, but I thank all that take the time to read it and possibly offer an explanation of what could be going on...

-I upgraded my HD from a measly 20GB to 160GB yesterday night. Internal HD as slave, no problem with the installation.

-When I logged back into tradersden, I see a red "FIREWALLED" under my user name. I have never seen this with any bittorrents before.

-I am running my cable connection into my linksys wireless G router, then going USB into the back of my PC. This setup is the same as it has always been.

-My ports 6881-6889 are open on my Linksys (and always have been). However, it seemed that I had to go back into my router using my IP addy and password and forward the ports again. I don't see how a HD installation could screw up my previous port forwarding, but it appears that this is the case.

-So, I forwarded my ports and I still get the "FIREWALLED" message on TTD.

-I am running BitComet and the light is green. I am on the Big Cypress Midnight to Sunrise torrent and I am cruising along nicely at 50down/45up. Comcast caps my U/L at 45. I am seeing tons of peers and seeds.

HERE'S WHERE IT GETS INTERESTING:

1) It appears I can access my router through 2 seperate IPs:

a) 24.9.xx.xxx (which is listed as my WAN IP)
b) 192.XXX.X.X (which is listed as my LAN IP)

I assume that the 24.9.xx.xxx IP is my cable connection while the 192.xxx.x.x is for my Linksys.

When I access the router setup by EITHER of these two IPs and go to port forwarding, the only IP I am able to forward ports for is the 192.xxx.x.x address, even if I access the router setup by typing in the 24.9.xx.xxx IP address.

-TTD peers list shows my username as being associated with 24.9.xx.xxx, but the ports are opened on 192.xxx.x.x IS THIS WHY I AM FIREWALLED?

-Taboot, I have seen "two versions of me" in the peers list. One on port 6881 and another on port 19310. BitComet says that it uses a "listening port". Do I need to forward this bastard as well?

-Lastly, I was able to test D/L a Ween DVD with a high seed:leech ration at over 350kbps. Could I possibly be firewalled if my transfer rate is this high? Could I ACTUALLY be firewalled if BitComet says that I am successfully connected to the max number of seeds and peers?

Any comments are appreciated. What's going on here? HELP!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes