View Single Post
Old 2008-03-01, 06:13 PM

Re: Comcast/Belkin/Azureus/Mac/BitTorrent help please

In my case it didn't do much. Peers would connect then the rates would climb beyond Comcasts limits and they would drop off one by one till nada, then it would start over again averaging under 20 for the most part.
The VPN is
Quote:
A virtual private network (VPN) is a communications network tunneled through another network, and dedicated for a specific network. One common application is secure communications through the public Internet, but a VPN need not have explicit security features, such as authentication or content encryption. VPNs, for example, can be used to separate the traffic of different user communities over an underlying network with strong security features.

A VPN may have best-effort performance, or may have a defined Service Level Agreement (SLA) between the VPN customer and the VPN service provider. Generally, a VPN has a topology more complex than point-to-point. The distinguishing characteristic of VPNs are not security or performance, but that they overlay other network(s) to provide a certain functionality that is meaningful to a user community.
What it does for me is diguise the traffic on my end as "legitimate" use of Comcasts network in that they cannot detect it as bittorrent traffic. I think Comcast is getting enough heat about throttling users bandwidth that the practice may stop soon and I can go back to the way things were.

Quote:
Originally posted by frankenberry
anybody else who decides to call me a fuckhead troll newbie (you know who you are) should be made to listen to phish bootleg taped by a '73 led zeppelin taper

Last edited by diggrd; 2008-03-01 at 06:20 PM.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes