View Single Post
Old 2006-04-16, 10:42 PM

I need some authoring help please

I have a few Hendrix clips that I'd like to compile onto one DVD. I'm new at burning DVDs and I'm anxious to learn all this stuff.

They are relatively short segments, a few songs each. Four of them are in MPEG format, but one I got in DVD format from a torrent. It was already authored so it's a .VOB file. I would especially like to pair this with one of the MPEGs on a DVD beacause they are from both from B&W euro TV broadcasts the same week, 5-11-67 & 5-18-67. 5-18-67 is the .VOB file.

As far as actual authoring, menu creating, etc. I've only used Roxio DVD Creator. I use Nero to burn DVDs that are already formatted. When I added this .VOB file to the DVD in Roxio, it told me if I edited it the audio would be lost, and I didn't worry because I didn't plan to edit the clip. But on the DVD I burned there is no audio on that clip. I got something called TMPGE studio for authoring, but that wouldn't let me add the .VOB.

Could I possibly resolve the sound thing by converting the .VOB to an MPEG and then re-formatting it in Roxio along with the rest of the MPEGs? If so what program could I use to convert it? Or is there an easier way? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes