View Single Post
Old 2007-05-27, 12:00 AM
GrOoOvemeister

Re: What are Site Admins allowed to do with donations?

FWIW, although I understand this has been modified since...the whole thing says not only FUCK the TAPER, but it seems to encourage people to do so, rather than just allowing them to do so...it says that not only should we go out of your way to ignore the tapers request (if you feel it's unreasonable...which you ALL know is open for scrutiny) but also that if we respect the wishes of tapers who YOU feel have unfair requests, then WE need to "re-evaluate our place in the world"

now I can understand that you won't pull a torrent because someone else don't like it, but this is saying that we should actively undermine the tapers and if we don't then there's something wrong with us...you can't stand back and say you had nothing to do with this mess when you plainly support this notion...

in the case of Sebastian not wanting his material shared there, I agree that this is unreasonable because decent folks (apparently thousands of them) would be screwed because of personal grudges with admin and their policy, but the blanket statement you made shows very poor judgement IMHO and as with many of your opinions, it has been changed now that it is under scrutiny, and although you told someone not to post it because it is outdated you failed to post the update so we can see if it's a better policy or the same shit worded better (why have a policy when it changes every time it's scrutinized???) you tell us to "stand up for ourselves" but when asked to defend your position, you make changes to reflect the fact that even you can't defend your original position on the matter...you really need to pick a path and walk it if you want someone to respect your opinions...you change with the weather...you speak with very strong words (until someone questions you) and you strike me as a reasonable guy, so I don't understand how in the face of all that has transpired that you don't assume ANY responsibility for what happened here

I'll let a skeleton out of my closet to prove a point...I got an old Floyd show which had just made it's way into circulation for the very first time here (thanx to Chachi) and decided I needed to share this far and wide, and I upped it to the dime (as a newb I never thought twice...just wanted to share) and I got flamed for disrespecting the original seed here by upping it there before it ran it's course here...no one even said not to share it elsewhere in the torrent here (I guess it was just an understanding amongst traders) but that didn't stop them from pointing out that I was wrong for doing so...I apologized for the unintentional disrespect and never did it again...I at least wait until the original seed has run it's course...unless it's a very small site and no one (or very few) here would have gotten it from there...if this type of ettiquette is generally understood between traders, how, as an admin, can you pretend to not realize the implications of your actions??? I am feeling as though you have been a little dishonest in how you portray the events here...having only waited 24-48hrs to have it there may have caused trouble even without being asked not to share it there (as it did in my case) but knowing the taper didn't want it on Zomb and doing it so soon is a slap in the face (whether you meant it that way or not) and the fact that you seem to gloss over that says a lot...I still believe you're a reasonable guy (based on the fact that you seem to at least defend yourself w/o vulgarity and hate) but I see that you defend yourself on the issues you feel you can validate and avoid the ones you can't...

ultimately although Sebastian knows he can't stop it from getting to Zomb, you (as the admin) have to take responsibility for the fact that you allowed this, knowing full well what hellfire would ensue...you could have stopped this and chose not to...and based what what I read from your site (as posted here earlier) as well as your own words here, you not only allow this behavior but instigate it as well...hopefully you can understand how your statement makes you look and try to clean it up a bit over there

I take NO offense to your solicitaions or donations or whatever people wanna label it, because (as you stated) they know the deal before they donate, and that stops it from being a scam (it may be unethical, but that's between you and those who choose to donate, and it's not for me to cast judgement on that) but your attitude towards tapers and their wishes is deplorable and should be ammended (you said you have done so, but haven't provided the new statement so I don't know if it's any better or not) but the only issue I have at this point with you is the fact that you encourage others to disregard the wishes of the taper, and make your members feel as though there is something wrong with them if they respect the tapers wishes...that's just fucked up and you deserve to be called out on that...who are you to tell me to re-evaluate my place in the world???

even though I am hesitant to side with Sebastian because he is still wrong for posting a hateful comment about Zomb in the first place, and has no right to expect that the torrent won't pop up elsewhere...I can't help but feel that the way it went down was deliberate, and you and yours have remained unapologetic for the disrespect...for all the response about this, I find you and yours strangely silent about that issue

but I take the highest offense at the way you express you opinions towards the members of your site who respect the tapers...you should have more respect for your community than to talk to them like that...you asked not to have this posted because it has been updated, but you haven't posted it here, so I will repost the original as posted on page 2 or 3 because that is the only official word on the subject from your site (rather than you or your staff personally) and if you don't want this to be the way your site is represented then please post the updated version of your policy towards tapers and their wishes (and your opinions towards those who respect their wishes) for now all I see is a hateful statement showing hostility towards tapers wishes AND those who respect them...I realize you said you were done here, but I feel these points ought to be addressed...I don't want to attack you and make a big stink, but in trying to look at this objectively, I have formed my opinion, and if my opinions are based on inaccuracies or dated info, then please correct me so that we can all see where you really stand...as of now, you stand on shaky ground (based on the info I gathered) hopefully you can prove me wrong...I'd like to think that NO live music sharing site would think this way about the tapers OR those who respect their wishes...I would appreciate if you took the opportunity to explain yourself in case I have made decisions based on misleading information...as an outside observer, there's a good chance that I am not the only one who sees things the way I do...and curiously, for all the valid points I made, the only one that was picked up and addressed was about the comment about hookers (which was made in jest) all the valid points made were either glossed over or outright disregarded...that speaks volumes in itself...

this post from your site clearly says to me "fuck the tapers" and if you respect their wishes then there's something wrong with you...maybe I read it wrong
Attached Images
File Type: png zombidiots.png
( 22.7 KB, 80 views)