View Single Post
Old 2006-06-16, 10:41 AM

Re: Does poor ratio equate bad trader?

This has turned into an interesting discussion.While I can buy the theory that a person with a bad ratio COULD be a good snail trader,have any of you ever had a bad trading {snail} with someone who had a good ratio?I have jumped in BT forums of a show that I wanted but was unable to D/L because of ISP connection and asked the host if I could possibly get a B&P and would of course reoffer in the trade or B&P forum and I have never been turned down.I have also asked some of those that have been termed "leechers" for the same favor and never recieved a reply.I understand that ratios are not enforced here but I look at it sort of like an "all you can eat buffett".If you cant eat it all {or in this case share in some sort of equal proportion} then dont take it and put it on your plate.I say all of this by prequalifying my self in that I have never D/L a show in my life and wouldnt know where to begin to know how.Ill bet my buddy "twistedinthenw" would offer all the assistance Id need.I would suggest {and most of you probably do}that if your ratio is lower than you would like for whatever reason,that you offer shows in the snail trade and B&P forums so that everyone who would like it has an opportunity to get it.When I send out B&P's and trades that have been sent to me I always ask they,at some point,try and reoffer it.I think that is pretty honest and fair dont you all?Also,per my only bad trade experience,try and know who you are trading with.
db.etree.org/ragu420
I also quite agree. POTHEADS=GREAT TRADERS!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes