Old 2005-07-04, 07:38 PM

Re: New Tracker now Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal.grunwell
Shadow is a known faulty client along with:

• BitTorrent++
• Nova Torrent
• TorrentStorm

And in many cases the original BitTorrent client has been found to be faulty.

Try another client and see what happens. Lynne can credit you though for the time being.
For what it's worth, I use BitTornado 0.3.10. I have tried today to u/l on my TAB DVD torrent from last week, and didn't get any stats update, everything stayed at 0. But I joined the Floyd Live8 swarm for just a little bit and the stats updated as soon as I closed out the client and came back to the site. Seems to me that at least version 0.3.10 is working fine. While I'm sure it is different code, I have also u/l and d/l nearly 1/2 a TB at EZT/DIME without ever having issued with the stats.

So will the older torrents eventually begin to show up in our stats? I try to keep everything I seed on the HD plus try to help stranded swarms whenever I can...

Thanks for this big time undertaking, I think it can only improve an already excellent site. And special thanks to Hal who seems to be really helping out Lynne and the rest of the gang here.

ChrisJ