Old 2007-05-28, 10:43 PM
spiritinaphoto

Re: What DVD Burners do you recommend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubular
Last thing, I read this about some TY discs:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817294007

"Pros: The "Taiyo-Yuden" reputation

Cons: Most decidedly junk! Expensive for such garbage with PI errors on NEC3650A of > 3000 and PI failures >200 and burn quality of 0 as per Nero 7.0. Consistently poor burn quality.

Other Thoughts: I have had reasonably good results on TYG-01 and have heard only good things about TYG-02. TYG-03 is relatively new on the block and is thriving on the Taiyo Yuden name alone. I don't think for long though. The 16x media is garbage and is certainly not worth the expense. I would suggest Verbatim (MCC) media that has given me very high quality burns consistently. If you are a hard core Taiyo fan, go with the 8x (TYG-02) media that seems to have an established track record. Don't touch these wtih a 10 foot pole."
Yeah, I've never used the 16X media--my burner can burn at 18X, but I've never had that burning of a desire to try it and the faster media costs more. Of course, I heard that you can use the 8X (TYG-02) at speeds higher than they're rated for (that's what people did when the 12X burners came out and there wasn't any media rated for that speed).
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes