View Single Post
Old 2007-05-28, 05:06 PM

Re-authoring a Standalone DVD Recording - Tell Me How

I am attempting to re-author a standalone DVD recording of a concert. I want to remove the commercials from the recording. The video is divided into multiple VOB files on the DVD. If possible, I would like to not re-encode the video at all and remove commercials. Can I do this? Would it not work with the I, P, and B frame structure of the video? I think I should I be joining all the VOB files into one as that would make work more simple on the DVD. What do you all say?

Also the audio on the DVD is messed up beyond repair. I can only improve it. I will be decompressing the AC-3 audio stream and editing it for improvements. I will have a few different versions of this original audio for the listener's preference and would like to include (at a max) three different ones. How can I successfully multiplex all of these audio streams into the video? Any suggestions with dealing with AC-3 streams in general?

How can I make the re-authored DVD highly compliant?

I can de-multiplex the video and audio, decompress and re-compress the AC-3 audio stream, but other than that, my methods are unstable.

There are plenty of resources around to answer my questions, yes, but there are too many. I would like some direction from others with experience.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes