View Single Post
Old 2006-12-21, 12:01 PM
Funk Is Its Own Reward

I'm sorry: Another thread about port forwarding on a Mac

Hey y'all.

I'm firewalled and I can't figure out why. It's a bit hard wading through all of the threads on this subject.

I'm running an intel imac and using Azureus. My ISP is comcast. Here are some screens, hopefully something will make sense to one of you.

Here is azureus' NAT test

Here is my system preferences network tab

This is my router's setup page. I don't remember why I have the DNS Proxy and DHCP enabled. I got the "DNS1 4.2.2.1" from the internet somewhere. Comcast wasn't very helpful with DNS or static ip (when I called them quite a while ago).

Lastly, my router's port range page

I'm pretty sure when I first got the mac I set everything up properly, but I could be wrong. I noticed I was firewalled a few months ago but I haven't had the time to try and figure it all out. I saw a thread with instructions about forwarding ports through airport but when I get to the airport base station (or whatever it is) I cannot configure it. Here's what that looks like.

Hopefully someone can make sense of all of this. When there is a good swarm I can usually connect and download but sometimes there can be hundreds of peers and I won't upload a thing.

Thanks for any help.